It’s that time of the year again. As we wait to close the 2011 book, we are preparing to welcome 2012 with open arms. What better way to look at the past than to have a beauty round-up of my favorite products in 2011
Part 1: Makeup
- Face Primer: I love the original Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer. However, since I can’t buy it anymore, I’m leaning towards Laura Mercier Oil-Free Foundation Primer nowadays.
- Foundation: A mix of MAC Pro Longwear Foundation and Make Up For Ever HD Foundation. I like the longevity that Pro Longwear have and the finish but of the HD foundation. The best way to apply this foundation mixture (for a combination oily skin) is patting it on using a normal foundation brush such as MAC 190 and blending it in circular motion with a clean flat top brush, i.e. Shiseido Perfect Foundation Brush, Sigma F80, MAC 130 or MAC 188.
- Concealer: Still Make Up For Ever Full Cover concealer. It pretty much covers almost everything as far as I know. But, Ben Nye Conceal-All Wheel is a very close second.
- Powder: On its own, I still love the finish of MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural. But as a setting powder, I find myself leaning towards Make Up For Ever Super Matte Loose Powder.
- Blush: NARS Orgasm Blush is still my go-to, fool-proof, everyday blush. But I have to give another props to Max Factor Miracle Touch Creamy Blush. The texture is divine and it can double up as a lip stain.
- Bronzer: For the second year in a row, NARS Laguna Bronzer. I love to use this with a MAC 134 brush in an E-3 motion for everyday use.
- Highlighter: MAC Lustre Drops in Sun Rush or Pink Rebel. Either one works well but Pink Rebel leans a little bit cooler so it works well under a cooler blush. On the other hand, Sun Rush is amazing on tanned, bronzed skin.
- Eyeshadow: Nothing beats Shiseido Luminizing Satin Eye Color Trio (especially BR307). The texture of the eyeshadow is so buttery and creamy. It is very easy to apply and blend, relatively long lasting and BR307 is a staple everyday color for everyone in my opinion.
- Eyeshadow Base: I love Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer. But, same situation as the face primer, nowadays I like using MAC Paint Pots or even the Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream.
- Eyeliner: For liquid liner, Make Up For Ever Aqua Liner. It’s water-proof, smudge-proof, dries fast, what more could a girl want? In general, I very rarely use an eyeliner.
- Eyelash Curler: Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler is still my everyday go-to eyelash curler but the Shiseido one has a very good shape for flatter Asian eyes.
- Mascara: Clinique Lash Power Mascara, for now. One of a few mascaras that doesn’t smudge or flake on me. On top of that, it washes off with warm water.
- Lipliner: Make Up For Ever Aqua Lip Line Perfector. It’s clear and creamy enough that it applies beautifully on the lip. It provides a good base for any kind of lipstick. One catch: it is very, very, very easy to break since the texture is like soft wax.
- Lipstick: Shiseido Perfect Rouge Tender Sheer. The formula applies like a dream. It is very moisturizing but the downside is that you have to reapply it every few hours.
- Lipgloss: Make Up For Ever Lab Shine Star Collection Lip Gloss. Although I have steered away from lipglosses, I still love the MUFE ones. MAC Clear Gloss is also a good alternative.
- Lip Balm/Treatment: Vaseline. Apply this after you brush your teeth every morning and night. Remember to exfoliate with a gentle toothbrush or a moist towel every week. But for day today use, I’ve been using Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm or Tony Moly Mini Peach Lip Balm SPF 15 PA++.
- Honorable Mentions: Dior Lip Glow: This is a color-changing lip balm. I know it sounds gimmicky but it is relatively moisturizing as a lip balm and it turns a bright pink color on my lips. It’s like a lipstick and lip balm in one. Also, UGB Premium Crystal Blemish Balm SPF 45 PA+++: On days where I don’t want to wear foundations, I love wearing this. BB Cream is basically moisturizer, sunscreen and foundation all-in-one.
Part 2: Skin Care
- Cleanser: Clinique Acne Solutions Cleansing Foam
- Toner: Clinique Acne Solutions Clarifying Lotion
- Moisturizer: Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel
- Exfoliator: St. Ives Blemish and Blackhead Control Apricot Scrub
- Treatment: Benzolac CL (With 5% Benzoyl Peroxide and 1.2% Clindamycin phosphate)
- Makeup Remover: MAC Wipes and Bioderma Sensibio H2O (previously known as Bioderma Crealine)
Part 3: Body
- Soap/Shower Gel: It used to be Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash. But since they don’t have it where I currently live, the second best is The Body Shop Strawberry Shower Gel.
- Body Lotion/Cream: Vaseline Aloe Fresh Body Lotion
- Body Exfoliator: The Body Shop Skin Sponge. Not exactly a scrub or exfoliator but you can turn any shower gel into a scrub or exfoliator with this.
- Body Treatment: Used to be Murad Clarifying Body Spray. But since they don’t have it here, I don’t really use any treatment anymore.
- Hand Cream: Tony Moly Peach Anti-Aging Hand Cream. The smell and texture is divine!
- Perfume: Currently, Vera Wang Lovestruck for day time and Burberry Brit Eau de Parfum for night time.
Wow, that’s a long one. Anyway, have a good night and I’ll see you in 2012.