Not too bad. A lot of things in my mind but nothing I can’t handle, I hope.
- Pressing beauty issue o’ the moment?
Acne. Why, oh why? My skin was almost perfect during December.
- Pajama Jeans: yea or nay?
- Things you always seem to be doing:
Eat, sleep, surf the internet, read, go to classes, take notes, grocery shopping, cook, watch TV, etc. You know, normal things…
- One positive thing you’re doing today to make your life a little better?
Eat some rum balls. Well, it makes me happy. Oh, and get a CFA certified financial calculator a.k.a. TI-BAII+
- Something on your shopping lust list?
MAC 189 and 138 brush. I just need those two to complete my MAC brush collection even though they will probably sit in my makeup drawer for a very long time.
- Last movie you watched?
The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, the Swedish version. Man, that was a brutal movie. I’ve watched it before and it was just as scary as the first time I watched it.
- Last person you smiled at?
A friend who I haven’t seen in about two years and just found out we’re in the same class.
Dark skinny jeans, dogtooth black and white checkered top and a 3/4 length black blazer paired with black low-heeled boots.
- Weekly goals:
Finish this week’s readings and hopefully not die by the end of the week.
This is a childhood favorite of mine. Please enjoy!
- 1 cup (250 ml) icing sugar
- 1 cup (250 ml) ground almonds
- 3 oz (85 g) bittersweet (or unsweetened) chocolate, finely grated
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) dark rum (I personally used Jamaican Rum)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- Optional: 1/2 (125 ml) chocolate sprinkles
- Line trays with waxed paper; set aside
- In a large bowl, whisk icing sugar, ground almonds, and grated chocolate. Stir in 1/4 to 1/3 cup (50 - 75 ml) of the rum and vanilla until solid moist mass; press together. Chill until firm enough to roll, about 15 minutes.
- Roll by rounded teaspoonfuls (5 ml) into balls, moistening and wiping hands with damp cloth as needed. Place on prepared trays
- Optional: Pour chocolate sprinkles into separate shallow bowl. Roll balls in the sprinkles, pressing lightly to adhere.
- Let dry on tray for about 1 hour. Refrigerate until firm. (Make-ahead: Layer between waxed paper in airtight container and refrigerate or freeze for up to 1 month)
- Blair: Look, I think I figured it out. Okay, Serena had an affair with her teacher because, let's face it, it's Serena and what else is there to do in Connecticut. Then she came to her senses and discarded him like last season's Chanel booties. Then, he became a crazy stalker and Serena pressed charges. That should be a warning to you, Humphrey.
- Dan: Yeah, because the parallels are striking.
- Blair: Never to be realized literary aspirations: check. Townie: you're from Brooklyn, so check. And giving up everything to became Serena van der Woodsen's stalker: Check! Face it, Humphrey, you are one knitted tie away from Mr. Donovan territory.
- Dan: Yeah, except for the fact that stalker implies one sided. Serena went to the Saints and Sinners Ball because she chose me.
- Blair: [Sarcastically] Yes, it was obvious this morning at the Ostroff Center that Serena couldn't wait to be in your arms.
- Dan: Yeah, for the record, I haven't given anything up to be with Serena.
- Blair: Of course not. Besides your time, and your dignity. You are chauffeuring me around, aren't you? And, I'm just curious, when was the last time you wrote anything? And scribbling D loves S all over your journal every night doesn't count.
Image Courtesy of www.theholidayspot.com
Pretty good but a little tired. I went to the gym to workout for a bit.
- One thing you’d like to learn in the 2011?
How to read and write Chinese and Cantonese.
- One thing you love about yourself?
The fact that I am pretty realistic. It keeps me grounded and level-headed.
- What’s your current beauty obsession?
Wearing makeup that doesn’t look like you’re wearing makeup.
- Your favorite eyeshadow brush and why?
MAC 217 - because it’s multipurpose and it blends like a dream.
- What’s your eyebrow maintenance routine?
Tweeze when it’s too out of control but usually shave it with an eyebrow razor.
- Have you ever actually stuck to a New Year’s resolution?
Yeap. But this year I refuse to make a New Year’s resolution because I tend to change them once I complete them. So, instead of making a new year’s resolution, I will make a list of goals that I want to achieve.
- What’s surprised you most about your life so far?
That I can actually do anything I want when I put my mind into it.
- What’s for lunch today?
Home made beef burrito with hot salsa sauce and Parmesan cheese.
- Weekly goals:
To get ahead in my studies.
So instead of doing the usual Monthly Mentionables, I thought I’d do a full year end recap of my favorites for 2010 with some new additions of course. Anyway, let’s get started!
Part 1: Makeup
- Foundation: MAC Face and Body Foundation, which is a water-based, dewy, light-to-medium buildable coverage foundation. It looks phenomenal when applied in a stippling motion with a flat top kabuki brush like an F80 from Sigma. I’m currently trying the new MAC Pro Longwear Foundation. I like the finish but you have to work really fast and the best way to apply it is using a damp sponge. Similar like the Face and Body, this is a light-to-medium buildable coverage foundation.
- Concealer: At the moment, Make Up For Ever Full Cover concealer. It pretty much covers blemishes, scarring, discoloration as far as I know.
- Powder: A tie between MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural and Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish Powder. Both gives a great finish on the skin but if I need more coverage, I like the MAC one better since it is a powder foundation unlike the MUFE ones which is a transparent finishing powder.
- Blush: I tend to reach for my NARS Orgasm Blush especially for everyday use but I sometimes mix different colors from my MAC collections if I wanted to try something new.
- Bronzer: Without a doubt, NARS Laguna Bronzer. I like to use this with a MAC 134 brush and the E-3 motion.
- Highlighter: A tie between MAC Lustre Drops in Sun Rush and Clinique Up-Lighting Liquid Illuminator in Neutral Bronze. Dotted and blended right above the cheek bone = gorgeous.
- Eyeshadow: Definitely, MAC Eyeshadows. Love their color selections, quality and they come in pan forms, too.
- Eyeshadow Base: Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer. Apply this in three small dots and blend it with the ring finger.
- Eyeliner: MAC Chromaline. Water proof, smudge proof, dries fast, what more could a girl want?
- Eyelash Curler: At the moment I use the Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler but I’ve been wanting to try the Shiseido one.
- Mascara: Cover Girl LashBlast Length Waterproof Mascara. The only one that I’ve found that doesn’t smudge or flake on me.
- Lipliner: Make Up For Ever Aqua Lipliner. It’s creamy enough that it applies beautifully on the lip but it’s not too creamy that it would just slide off. It is waterproof and it last a pretty long time.
- Lipstick: MAC Pro Longwear Lipcreme. The formula applies like a dream unlike some of MAC other lipsticks. Last through a decent amount of time. Relatively water-proof and kiss-proof, too.
- Lipgloss: Make Up For Ever Lab Shine Star Collection Lip Gloss. If you’re going for the grown-up lip gloss look, this might be your thing. I love the texture and it has a sweet-fruity scent to the gloss but it last a good amount of time on the lips.
- Lip Balm/Treatment: Vaseline. Apply this after you brush your teeth every morning and night. Remember to exfoliate with a gentle toothbrush every week.
- Others: MAC Fix+. Setting spray that will make that powdery look of foundation go away.
Part 2: Skin Care
- Cleanser: Clinique Acne Solutions Cleansing Foam
- Toner: Clinique Acne Solutions Clarifying Lotion
- Moisturizer: Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel
- Exfoliator: Clean & Clear Blackhead Clearing Scrub
- Treatment: Clean & Clear Persa-Gel 5 (With 5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
- Makeup Remover: MAC Wipes and MAC Cleanse Off Oil
Part 3: Body
- Soap/Shower Gel: Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash.
- Body Lotion/Cream: Vaseline Aloe Fresh Protecting Body Lotion (With SPF 15)
- Body Exfoliator: The Body Shop Skin Sponge. Not exactly a scrub or exfoliator but you can turn any shower gel into a scrub or exfoliator with this.
- Body Treatment: Used to be Clinique Acne Solutions Body Spray but since it was discontinued, I’ve started using Murad Clarifying Body Spray.
- Hand Cream: This is a seasonal product but I like it anyway. It’s from The Body Shop called the Cranberry Hand and Nail Cream.
- Perfume: To The Scene African Rhythm for everyday, Vera Wang Flower Princess for party and Miss Dior Cherie Blooming Bouquet for very special occasions.
Wow, that’s a long one. Anyway, have a good night and I’ll see you in 2011.